A fish dish that reminds us of home, with an exotic aroma that draws us to the table. A main course accompanied by the sound of friendly laughter and the smell of the barbecue. That of grilled prawn wraps with coleslaw and avocado salad.
I have always loved piadinas, burritos and wraps. Making them and eating them. Making them because between preparing one ingredient and another I wander through the meanderings of the most beautiful memories, it’s almost cathartic. Eating them because… well, they are precursors to happiness.
With a grilled prawn wrap in your hands, everything feels better, you lose yourself in the tantalizing scent of grilled crustaceans, you become intoxicated by the exotic notes of hummus and avocado, you admire all the nuances of Savoy cabbage. And then you taste it and let the magic happen.
I love today’s grilled prawn wrap because it is a triumph of flavours, fragrances and colours. It’s a very simple recipe that makes a great impression when prepared properly. And all you need to do is follow the few steps below to make it.
For me, any time is good for a homemade wrap, as you’ll find out yourself too, I’m sure.
Grilled prawn wrap with coleslaw and avocado – the recipe
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 4 piadina wraps
- 600 g prawn tails
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 tbsp of hummus
- a handful of garden salad leaves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, salt, sweet paprika and sesame seeds to taste
For the coleslaw
- 1/4 white Savoy cabbage
- 1/4 purple Savoy cabbage
- 1/2 green apple
- 1 carrot
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp whole cane sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, salt and black pepper to taste
- Making a grilled prawn wrap at home is really easy and will make the whole family happy! Start with the coleslaw: peel the vegetables and apple and cut them into thin strips.
- In a bowl, prepare the dressing: mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Add to the coleslaw and mix well; set aside.
- Now for the grilled prawns: clean them by removing the shell and intestines. Season with paprika, salt, sesame seeds and a little oil. Cook them on the grill for a couple of minutes and you will have tasty, succulent prawns cooked to perfection!
- Now simply warm up the piadinas and fill them like this: start with a spoonful of hummus, then add the coleslaw, sliced avocado, garden salad and grilled prawns.
- Close the grilled prawn wrap with coleslaw and avocado and enjoy it in all its deliciousness!
Leave a Message