It has arrived: summer, the real one, the August one. It is finally here and with it the desire for carefree days, to spend in the quiet of your own home or on holiday. Surrounding ourselves with people dear to us around the crackling embers of a garden barbecue is somewhat of a necessity before a pleasure. Cold beer, laughter and food are the staples. And it is precisely to enhance these days of summer bliss that we want to tell you about the quick and easy recipe for lemon and honey chicken skewers.
A clever idea designed for outdoor barbecues with friends, perfect for those evenings when you might not have planned a dinner at home. Improvised certainly but no less delicious. Spicy chicken skewers, easy to prepare, delicious and tasty to eat in the company of our loved ones with a side dish of laughter and beautiful things.
Their recipe is waiting for you below!
Spicy chicken skewers with lemon and honey: the barbecue recipe
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 800 g whole chicken breast
- the juice and zest of an untreated lemon
- 2 untreated whole lemons
- 2 tablespoons of chestnut honey
- 1 tablespoon of soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- sage, rosemary, thyme, mint as desired
- a clove of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil, salt and black pepper as desired
- Start by marinating the meat. Finely chop the herbs together with the garlic; in a bowl large enough to hold all the chicken, mix the juice and rind of a lemon, a drizzle of oil, honey, ginger, soya sauce and the chopped herbs.
- Cut the chicken breast into bite size chunks, as similar in size as possible.
- Add the chicken chunks to the marinade and mix well, so that each piece is covered evenly. Cover with cling film and leave to marinate for at least half an hour in the fridge.
- Once marinated, drain the meat from the excess marinade and start making the chicken skewers.
- Do the following: add the chicken chunks to the skewers alternating them with slices of lemon and sage leaves. A piece of cake!
- It’s finally time to barbecue your meat: grill the chicken skewers well, turning them from time to time so that each side is perfectly golden. The honey will help caramelise the surface of each chunk slightly, making the meat even more succulent and juicy.
- Once cooked, simply serve the spicy chicken skewers with ground black pepper and a pinch of salt. Enjoy!