especially in summer. A yoghurt semifreddo with peaches and macaroons is a cold dessert that requires no cooking, is quick and tasty, full of fresh fruit and suitable for everyone.
Made from a very light yoghurt mousse – prepared without eggs – and without the addition of flour, it’s also perfect for those who are intolerant or allergic to gluten. Despite not containing these ingredients, it’s totally delicious: our yoghurt semifreddo with peaches and macaroons is a fresh, creamy and really simple dessert, perfect as the icing on the cake of a summer dinner in the garden.
Ready to be tempted? The recipe is waiting for you below!
Semfreddo yoghurt dessert, with peaches and macaroons – a summer recipe
INGREDIENTS (serves 6)
- 100 g Tarocco peaches
- 300 g nectarines
- A pinch of freshly grated ginger
- The juice and zest of one untreated lemon
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 250 ml peach-flavoured drinking yoghurt
- 10 g isinglass
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp macaroons
- white chocolate chips as desired
- a few fresh basil leaves as desired
- Cut the nectarines into cubes, pour them into a bowl and season with grated ginger, grated lemon zest along with the lemon juice and brown sugar. Cover with foil and place in the refrigerator to rest.
- Cut the Tarocco peaches into coarse chunks, transfer to a bowl with the yoghurt and blend until smooth and velvety.
- After soaking the gelatine in cold water, squeeze it out, place it in a small saucepan and heat for a few moments, just until it dissolves.
- Time for the fresh cream: whip it lightly together with the icing sugar, add the dissolved gelatine and the yoghurt and peach cream. Once you have a perfect yoghurt-peach mousse, transfer the mixture to a piping bag and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- All that remains is to assemble your yoghurt, peaches and macaroon semifreddo. Proceed as follows: take 6 glass jars or glasses, crumble some macaroons on the base, add the yoghurt and peach mousse, the peach cubes and more macaroons. Finish this delicious dessert with white chocolate chips and a few fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!