How many times have you dreamed of a dish that was light, healthy, all encompassing, nutritious and delicious at the same time? Well, we are happy to announce that we have found it: today, we’ll be telling you about Venus rice with shrimp, tomato confit and avocado.
There is nothing more satisfying than cooking for those you love, enjoying those moments of sheer joy as you see their smiles break out with those first mouthfuls. Remember though, it’s worth keeping an eye on one’s figure, given that summer is just around the corner.
Finally summer is almost with us, the time for eating and cooking outdoors, the smell of grilling on the barbecue, skin that smells of sunshine, naps in the garden in the shade of the trees after a delicious lunch.
Venus rice with shrimps is undoubtedly one of those summer recipes to remember and repeat over the coming months, with the guarantee that every time it will be a success. An original and appetizing fish dish, with a captivating and delightful taste.
Succulent grilled prawns flavoured with paprika go hand in hand with tomato confit and voluptuous avocado: the ideal accompaniment for an impressive rice dish. Black is known to go well with everything… but even more so on this Venus rice! Ready to discover this quick and easy recipe?
Venus rice with shrimps, tomato confit and avocado: the recipe
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 320 g of Venus rice
- about twenty shrimp tails
- an avocado
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- the zest of a lime
- one teaspoon of icing sugar
- oregano and fresh basil to taste
- sweet paprika to taste
- salt, black pepper and extra virgin olive oil
- Start with the tomato confit. Cut the tomatoes in half, then place on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Season with a drizzle of evo oil, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with lemon zest; finish with chopped basil, a pinch of oregano and a sprinkling of icing sugar. Bake at 180° for 15 minutes.
- Cook the rice al dente (it will take 15-20 minutes depending on the type) in plenty of salt water and then drain.
- Now it’s the turn of the shrimps: remove everything except the end of the tail and season with a drizzle of oil, a pinch of salt and sweet paprika. Make a small cut in the back so as to be able to easily remove the entrails and cook the shrimp to perfection.
- Cook the shrimp on the barbecue (have you already found a Palazzetti barbecue that’s right for you?), a few minutes will be enough to grill the fish on the outside whilst the inside remains soft and juicy. Now cut 2/3 of the shrimp into small pieces.
- All that’s left to do now is sauté the Venus rice in a pan together with the freshly baked tomato confit and chopped shrimps.
- Finish off your dish of Venus rice with shrimps with a few whole tails and thin slices of avocado. Enjoy!