Our wish for this February, the month of love, is that you feel as if it’s Valentine’s Day all year long. It doesn’t matter whether the person you love is your dog, cat, best friend, sofa, life-long companion, a person you have loved for many lives or just for one day.
Our wish for you is that this chocolate layered dessert with raspberries and pistachios is as decadent as you expect it to be. We hope it will comfort you and give you energy if you are single, or that it will be the icing on the cake at the end of a romantic meal – definitely lit by a beautiful fireplace – if you are dining with your better half.
This chocolate mille-feuille is really adorable. In the first place, it’s very easy to make. In the second place, it’s a stunningly beautiful desert as well as being exceptionally delicious. It’s made up of layers of dark chocolate, voluptuous whipped cream with chocolate and hazelnuts and appetizing notes of candied nuts and fresh raspberries with the addition of creamy pistachio spread.
Is your mouth watering already? That’s easily solved: our step-by-step recipe is waiting just for you.
Try it out for yourself!
Chocolate layered dessert with raspberries and pistachios – the recipe
INGREDIENTS (for 2 single portions)
- 60 g 60% dark chocolate
- 20 g hazelnuts
- 20 g pistachios
- 70 g sugar
- 150 ml fresh double cream
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate and hazelnut spread
- 1 tablespoon of pistachio spread
- 100 g raspberries
- To prepare your chocolate layered dessert with raspberries, start with the nuts: toast the hazelnuts and pistachios by putting them on a baking tray in an oven pre-heated to 150°C for 30 minutes until they have browned nicely.
- When the nuts are almost ready, start to prepare the caramelized sugar: put the caster sugar in a pot, one tablespoon at a time, and let it melt at a low temperature without mixing it; just gently move the pot around in a circular motion until the sugar is browned. Remove from heat.
- Add half of the toasted nuts to the melted sugar and mix in very quickly.
- Put the pistachios and the candied hazelnuts on a sheet of baking paper and separate them quickly before the melted sugar solidifies completely (you can use a wooden toothpick to help you).
- When they have cooled, chop the toasted nuts together with the candied ones (use a knife or a food processor depending on how small you want the pieces to be). Put them aside.
- Now melt the chocolate over hot water. When it has melted, pour it onto a sheet of baking paper with the help of a spatula so that it is just over 1 mm thick and leave it to cool and set.
- When the spread-out chocolate is set, cut out some circles with a dough cutter. These will be the layers of chocolate for your desert!
- Now move onto the cream: after having whipped it, add the chocolate spread so that it becomes like a sort of chocolate mousse.
- Now all you have to do is put together your homemade chocolate layered dessert. Start with a dark chocolate circle for the base and continue by adding some raspberries and whipped cream and a sprinkling of hazelnuts and pistachios.
- Cover with another chocolate circle and finish off with some whipped cream, raspberries, candied nuts and pistachio spread.
Your romantic desert is ready to be served!