Galette – as sweet as they are savoury – are a constant on my table this strange summer. Blackberries, raspberries, peaches, wild berries. Desire for lightness and longed-for serenity.
A quick, light recipe that doesn’t hold back on deliciousness. Today we present you with the delicate taste of peach galette, to be savoured as a delicious snack, on the terrace or in the garden.
So what is a galette?
This French word – very trendy on social message boards – simply means a rustic tart, consisting of shortbread or puff pastry base with a filling of fresh fruit or vegetables (depending on whether it is sweet or savoury).
The recipe we’re about to tell you about today is an even quicker variation of the traditional one: we have chosen to use a ready-made puff pastry, peaches flavoured with ginger and cinnamon, and all the fruity sweetness of blackberries topped off with crunchy almond flakes. But there’s nothing to stop you from using your favourite fruit: let us know your variations in the comments!
The peach galette comes in among the top three of my favourite desserts for the summer months. Maybe it’s the delicate flavour that offers a surprise with every bite, its rustic but fascinating look, or how it goes well served in a thousand different ways and suits many different occasions. Or simply the ease with which it can be prepared.
Although it is not glamorous, it has that Provençal charm of a genuine and wholesome dessert from a bygone era, whose wonderful taste overrides any imperfection in shape.
Try it with a homemade iced tea and a scoop of vanilla ice cream… you won’t be able to stop yourself.
But now, let’s get down to business: the recipe for peach galette with blackberries and almonds is waiting for you below.
Peach galette with blackberries and almonds
INGREDIENTS (serves 6)
- a roll of ready-made puff pastry
- 5 spoonfuls of blackberry jam
- 3 ripe nectarines
- 100 g of blackberries
- a tablespoon of brown sugar
- 30 g of butter
- a handful of sliced almonds
- a pinch of powdered dried ginger
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Roll out the pastry and spread on the blackberry jam keeping 5 cm from the edge.
- Wash, remove the core and cut the peaches into thin slices. Place them on top of the jam together with the blackberries. Sprinkle with sugar and flavour with ginger and cinnamon.
- Fold the edges of the pastry inwards over the peaches.
- Melt the butter and brush it on the “folded over pastry”; pour the remaining butter onto the fruit.
- Finish the preparation by placing the almond slices on the edge of the peach galette.
- Cook in the lower part of a preheated oven at 180°C for half an hour, until the pastry is perfectly golden brown.
- The peach galette with blackberries is best served warm and even more delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.