Considered perhaps one of the original kinds of street food, corn on the cob is found in many different cultures. Chances are you’ve already tasted barbequed corn on the cob, but today we’re offering you a version with a strong Mexican influence: are you ready to try them with butter and chilli pepper?
Different ways to prepare corn on the cob
Before moving on to the recipe, remember that this food can be cooked in so many different ways. Without a doubt the best known are the barbequed and boiled versions (I have personally tasted them cooked in this way on a beach in Thailand!). But you can also try baking, roasting, wrapping in foil and baking or steaming and experimenting with endless varieties of condiments, depending on your tastes. With a little creativity you can in fact turn this simple dish into a gourmet delight.
Would you rather take the corn off the cob? Then remember not to throw away the actual cobs! These can be turned into great embers for your barbecue. If, though, you prefer to use wood or charcoal for your barbeque, then you can click here to find out more about their preparation.
Corn on the cob with butter and chilli pepper: the recipe
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 leeks
- 200 gr of Ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 50 gr of Parmesan cheese
- 700 gr of bread dough
- Butter as required
- Chilli peper to season
- Salt to season
- Prise open the leaves of the cob without removing them completely.
- Remove the stringy fibres inside and then re-close the leaves and fasten the tips together with some kitchen twine.
- Soak the cobs in water for about 20 minutes.
- Drain them well and place them on the pre-heated grill: they’ll need about 15 minutes so during that time remember to keep turning them so that they cook evenly and you avoid burning one side.
- While they are cooking, use a fork to mix the butter and the chilli pepper together in a bowl.
- Once you have removed the cobs from the grill, serve them on individual plates (pre-heated to avoid sudden cooling), spread them with the butter and chilli pepper mixture and finish the seasoning with salt as required.