Crispy pork ribs are an easy and tasty main course: crispy gluten-free fried pork chops, succulent at the core and crunchy on the outside. The preparation is similar to that of Milanese cutlets, using pork instead of veal, gluten-free cornflakes and fried in vegetable oil instead of clarified butter.
In the summer months, we tend to eat lighter meals but, every so often it’s ok to indulge ourselves. And fried pork ribs are a real treat!
In our recipe, we have also added a side dish of grilled vegetables and given it an extra kick with homemade herb mayonnaise.
The vegetable side dish can also be prepared in a frying pan or in the oven, but for this recipe you’ll get the best from your peppers, aubergines and courgettes by grilling (if possible on a barbecue!).
Prepare crispy pork ribs with herb mayonnaise and grilled vegetables for a tasty family dinner, perhaps outdoors, enjoying the mild temperatures of summer evenings. The kids will love them too! Here’s how to make them.
Crispy pork ribs with herb mayonnaise and grilled vegetables – the gluten-free recipe
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
For fried ribs with a crispy gluten-free coating:
- 4 pork ribs on the bone (sirloin is fine)
- 150 g unsweetened cornflakes
- 100 g cornflour
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil for frying
- salt and pepper as desired
For homemade mayonnaise:
- 200 ml corn oil
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- the juice of 1 lime
- fresh herbs (basil, mint, chives, thyme, marjoram, parsley)
For the side dish of grilled vegetables:
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 aubergine
- 2 courgettes
- 1 clove of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil as desired
- seasoning with salt and black pepper
- aromatic herbs as desired
- Start this mouth-watering gluten-free recipe with the side dish of grilled vegetables – it’s really easy! Remove the ends of the courgettes then cut into rounds.
- Peel the peppers, remove the seeds and cut them into slices; slice the aubergines.
- Grill at a medium temperature for about ten minutes, turning the vegetables halfway through cooking.
- Prepare the seasoning: in a bowl combine the chopped herbs and garlic, salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil; mix.
- Season the vegetables with the dressing and, when ready, arrange on a serving plate; allow to cool.
- When you have finished preparing the grilled vegetables, proceed with the homemade herb mayonnaise. This recipe is very easy and will make perfect mayonnaise effortlessly! Start by pouring the vegetable oil into your blender; then break the egg and add it to the oil.
- Take the blender and ‘dip’ it into the oil and egg until it touches the bottom of the glass (the yolk should remain in the centre), then keeping the blender stationary, blend for 10 seconds.
- As soon as the mayonnaise starts to take shape, continue blending, move upwards slowly and you will see that, as if by magic, your homemade mayonnaise will be ready in no time!
- Now add the lime juice, a pinch of salt, mustard and herbs; blend for a few moments, just to ensure everything is mixed together evenly.
- Transfer the homemade mayonnaise to a bowl and place in the fridge until serving time.
- It is finally time to move on to the stars of the recipe: gluten-free pork ribs in crispy cornflakes. Beat the eggs, crush the cornflakes and spread a layer of cornflour on a plate.
- Dip the ribs in the cornflour, then the beaten eggs and finally the crushed cornflakes.
- Fry the ribs in hot vegetable oil, a couple at a time, in a large pan; 4-5 minutes per side (depending on thickness) will be enough for a perfect result!
- Once they are cooked, transfer them to a sheet of kitchen roll to remove excess oil.
- Finish the preparation by seasoning with a pinch of salt and a ground black pepper.
- Arrange the fried ribs with a gluten-free cornflake coating and serve hot, together with the homemade herb mayonnaise and the grilled vegetables prepared earlier! Enjoy!