Summer is the perfect time to organise barbecues with friends, but the choice of side dishes can be a little difficult, especially if you don’t want to go overboard on calories. In this article we give you some suggestions for light and fresh side dishes, a perfect accompaniment to your barbecue.
Salads and seasonal vegetables
- Cannellini bean salad: fresh and tasty, made with cannellini beans, cherry tomatoes, red onion and fresh basil. Perfect with red or white meat (or vegan burgers made with pulses!).
- Cucumber and avocado salad: a cool and creamy salad with cucumber, avocado, lime and coriander, which you can make even tastier by adding rocket. Ideal to accompany white meat, dress bruschetta or to use as a dip as an alternative to guacamole.
- Tomato and rocket salad: a great summer classic with cherry tomatoes, rocket, red onion and black olives. Great to accompany any grilled meat, but also as a dressing for a quick cold pasta.
- Grilled aubergines with mint dressing: cut the aubergines into slices, grill them carefully on your Palazzetti barbecue and serve them with a fresh dressing of mint, oil and white vinegar. An ideal accompaniment to any type of meat.
- Tomatoes au gratin: cut the tomatoes in half, season them with garlic, oil, salt and breadcrumbs, and grill them on the barbeque or in the oven (did you know that many Palazzetti barbecues include an oven? You can find them all at this link). Tomatoes au gratin are perfect with white meat or fish.
- Grilled courgettes with yoghurt and mint dip: cut courgettes into thin slices, grill them on the barbeque and serve with a fresh yoghurt and mint dip. A great accompaniment to white meat.
With these light and appetising side dishes, your grilled meat will become even tastier and more balanced. Try experimenting with different seasonal vegetables and tastes, discover new flavours and surprise your guests with original and delicious side dishes. Enjoy!
Looking for more ideas? We have written other articles that might interest you: