How could we not prepare a sweet treat that would be perfect as a Christmas centrepiece, to be enjoyed from breakfast to after dinner? So here is a special Christmas tree, made of chocolate and hazelnut filled brioche balls, super soft and super easy. The dough creates the perfect shell to accommodate a wonderfully creamy heart, making it easy to work with. It is also a nice idea to involve the little ones at home in the preparation of the Christmas menu: the process is in fact very simple! What’s more, the presence of chocolate makes this Christmas tree perfect for both young and old, a super yummy Christmas treat that will delight every palate, at any time of day!
Christmas tree filled with chocolate and hazelnut, super soft and super easy – the recipe
- 230 ml full fat milk
- 7 g dry brewer’s yeast
- 30 g sugar
- 500 g Manitoba flour
- One egg
- 50 g butter
- A pinch of salt
- One egg beaten with a tablespoon of milk
- A small amount of chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 tbsp. raspberries and mint leaves for decoration
- Pour the milk into a large bowl, add the yeast and mix well until dissolved.
- Now it’s time for the egg and sugar, add them to the mixture and whisk well.
- Now add the flour, salt and butter. Mix first with a wooden spoon, then knead by hand (you can also use the food mixer) until smooth and homogeneous.
- Let rise until doubled in size and cover with a tea towel, this will take about 3 hours.
- After this time has elapsed, create about 20 balls from the mixture.
- Flatten them one by one, then fill with a spoonful of chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Reshape into a ball.
- Transfer to a Christmas tree mould and brush with the beaten egg and milk.
- Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool and decorate with raspberries and mint leaves. Merry Christmas!