Today’s carrot loaf cake is currently one of the trendiest cakes. Its peculiar name hides something very simple: a traditional carrot cake, presented as a loaf and enriched with a layer of cupcake-like frosting.
At first bite, it is tasty, perfectly spiced and very moist, as well as extremely mouth-watering, thanks to a generous dose of creamy cheese frosting. In short: a real treat, perfect for spring breakfasts or snacks to be served as dessert during the Easter holidays or at any other time!
Making this frosted carrot loaf at home is quick and easy, and you won’t need a mixer or kneading machine. The delicacy of the carrots and the scent of cinnamon combine perfectly in this light, butter-free mixture, which balances perfectly the luscious and fluffy cream cheese.
The carrot loaf cake remains moist and fragrant for several days, although it is so delicious that it won’t last long. You’ll see that friends and family fall in love with it at first bite!
INGREDIENTS (serves 8)
For the carot loaf cake:
- 2 eggs
- 150 g brown sugar
- 60 g Greek yoghurt
- 100 ml corn oil
- 220 g 00 flour
- a sachet of vanillin
- a sachet of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- cinnamon powder as desired
- 180 g grated carrots (approx. 3 carrots)
For the cheese frosting:
- 50 g warm melted butter
- 100 g spreadable cream cheese
- 90 g vanilla icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dried fruit as desired for decoration
- Break the eggs into a large bowl, add the sugar, Greek yoghurt, a pinch of salt and the vegetable oil. Mix with a whisk until smooth.
- Separately, combine the 00 flour, vanillin, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture; mix well until smooth and lump-free.
- Grate the carrots and add to the mixture.
- Transfer into a loaf mould and bake in a static oven at 180°C for about 45 minutes (check the cooking time with a toothpick test).
- While the carrot loaf cake is baking, prepare the cheese frosting. It’s very easy: whip the butter with the cream cheese, vanilla extract and icing sugar. You will get a smooth, full-bodied cheese frosting, perfect for topping this fluffy carrot loaf cake!
- Once ready, take the carrot loaf cake out of the oven and leave it to cool. Transfer to a serving plate and decorate with the cheese frosting. All that’s left to do is to sprinkle on your favourite dried fruit, cut into slices and enjoy it in all its deliciousness. Enjoy your breakfast!
Leave a Message